Friday, July 23, 2010

New to all this make up stuff ... Tips on eye shadow?

Ok, so I've decided I want to start playing around with make up more, particularly eye shadow. I've never been very girly (until recently I magically had some kind of personality shift and dyed my hair pink and started wearing dresses every day) so I know pretty much nothing beyond the basics; foundation, powder, concealer, eye liner and mascara. Eye shadow looks like a fun accessory and a great way to express yourself. I'm ready to start slapping crazy colors on my lids but I want to do it right and make it look good ....





So, I'm here looking for some advice or tips on how to start out. I already know there are tons of tutorials on YouTube and I intend to watch them all. But I'm confused when it comes to what to buy :





1.) What kinds of eye shadow should I get? The powdered kind or the cream kind?





2.) What kinds of brushes do I need. The basics, not every single brush that does every single thing. I know there's so many kinds; primers, crease filler-inner thingies, etc. If someone could just let me know 3 or 4 basic types of brushes that are useful for standard techniques.





3.) I have fair skin, brown eyes, and constantly changing hair color. What basic shades ( I don't intend to buy a damn 180 shade palette when I don't even know what I'm doing yet ) should I start out with? Neutrals? Metallics? Blues? Greens? Purples?????





Please don't be vague and general and just say ';cream shadow'; or ';MAC stuff is good';. I would greatly appreciate detailed advice or suggestions : brand names, specific types of brushes, specific types of shadows. Remember, this is for someone just starting out with eye shadow. If someone could just give me a list of a few basics I should buy, that would be awesome.





Thanks so much in advance! :)New to all this make up stuff ... Tips on eye shadow?
Powder eyeshadow is the best to start with, it's easier to blend. The best way to make sure eyeshadow stays on all day is to start with an eyeshadow base. The two best are Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Apply a thin layer of the primer first let dry and then apply eyeshadow.





The main brushes you will need are (1) dense flat shader brush - to pack on more color (2) tapered crease brush - to blend (3) fluffy shader blush - for lighter deposits of color





(1) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NEZNjRdeSPY/Sf鈥?/a>


(2) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2786鈥?/a>


(3) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_o-g9f9tgdbU/SX鈥?/a>





The 120 palette is actually a great starter buy. It has every color you can imagine so you can test out what you like and see what works best on you. It goes for about 20 bucks on ebay, you can't even buy 2 MAC eyeshadows with that. When you know what colors you like then you can invest in getting MAC versions (or whatever brand you like).





http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pro-120-Full-Col鈥?/a>New to all this make up stuff ... Tips on eye shadow?
Go on youtube! They are so many tutorials on how to apply and choose eyshadows! xx
ok with eye shadow i get the powder i think it is A lot nicer and not as thick.then with brushes there are the crappy little foam ones but they actually work nice and then theres a small brush that puts like the main color of eye shadow and then theres a small brush that's slanted and that works for like a line of eye shadow across the top lid bt the lashes.(i like that for like glitter and a bright color with a plain color it looks rly nice)then for color you could do sparkly browns or maybe some greens to start of they would be pretty.if u buy your make up at like a walmart or kmart they have a variety of stuff.there are like one thing of eye shadow but it has a few colors to play around with.and maybe u shud get a big thing of eye shadow not 180 colors but maybe a lil bit of variety.i love changing the way i do my make up all the time and its fun.so good luck and just have fun with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment